For 8 weeks, they competed in the challenge that combined clean eating (paleo), weekly scored workouts (10 total), goal tracking, monitoring body composition, video recap, before/after pics and more. Over 700 CrossFit Affiliates with over 10,000 athletes participated!
The founder of Lurong Living, Adam Greenberg, came to FCCF to award Marj Rinaldo (pictured below) with her prizes for winning the challenge as the top female!. The team did not know he was going to be there but Jeff asked them to assemble for a picture. After the presentation of Marj's prizes, he announced that the FCCF team WON the national challenge! The room erupted in cheers and high fives!
Some of our notable stats:
Everyone on our team except for 3 people finished in the top 10% of their division (and in the top 10% of their division within the Northeast).
We had the #1 finisher in the Northeast for every division we had represented (5 out of the 6 total divisions because we didn't have anyone in Women's Masters+). Here are our top top 10 finishers in their division for the Northeast:
- We had the #1, 2, 4, and 8 Men's Masters (Eric Hernady, Philip Fiacco, Korey Brown, and Stacey Tensley)
- We had the #1 for the Men's Masters + (Jeff Rice, who was also second overall for Men's Masters+)
- We had the #1, 2, 3, and 6 for Men's Open (Bob Hartman, Eric Henry, Tom Niles, and Adrian Lugo)
- We had the #1, 2, 3, and 4 for Women's Masters (Eileen Merges, Denise Thew, Danielle Feerick, and Lisa Peartree - They were numbers 3, 4, 6, and 7 overall for Women's Masters).
- We had the #1, 3, 7, and 8 for Women's Open (Marj Rinaldo (who was #1 overall too!), Katie Hollenbeck, Amanda Goldfischer, and Jess McNabney
We want to thank all of the sponsors for the amazing prizes. Thank you to Lurong Living for providing this great challenge. It was life-changing for many, challenging and full of inspirational moments at our gym.
Pictured below right are the fabulous masters (ages 40-49) who swept the top 4 spots in the women's division in the NE and were in the top 7 for masters women overall (US).
You can check out the Lurong announcement on their website by clicking here.