To increase our efforts towards social distancing, we have implemented the following rules:
- We are enforcing a class cap of 15 people per class. This typically only effects our 4pm and 6pm classes. We ask those who now have some flexibility in their schedules to please shift to another class. The 7am, 9:30am, and noon classes are typically our smallest classes. We will be limiting the size of our Bootcamp class size to 12 people per class and have added additional cleaning and disinfecting measures there as well. Bootcampers are being updated separately.
- We will be adding a 10:30am class Monday-Friday.
- We will be adding a 10:00am class on Saturday (cap of 16 people per class on Saturdays).
- We will be adjusting the programming to fit within a 50 minute timeframe. This will allow people to leave the gym before the next class enters. If you arrive early for your class, please stay in your car until the prior class exits the gym, or enter and disperse to areas not occupied. Avoid congregating in the entry area.
- Reservations for classes are strongly encouraged. Those who make reservations will be given priority to class attendance. If you are late for a class, you forfeit your reservation. If someone shows up without a reservation, they will be given your spot in class. Again, the limits we are placing usually only affect two classes per day.
- Use of the Bootcamp gym for Open Gym and Accessory Work will be limited to 8 people at a time. For now, this will be on a first-come, first-served basis. We ask that you limit your time in the Bootcamp gym to 1 hour per day to give everyone access. If you are there and no one shows up for the next hour, you can stay, but please be courteous. We will use reservations and checkins for Open Gym time only if there are issues or problems.
- We ask that our members only bring kids to the gym if 100% necessary. Kids can carry the coronavirus and show little to no symptoms. Again, this will lower the risk of transmission as our little people have poorer hygiene habits than us.
- No new CrossFit Kids and Tween classes will be started until further notice. We will continue with the teens that are already in our program.
- Wash your hands before and after the workout. Wipe down your equipment before and after the workout. Get one cleaning towel and use it throughout the hour.
- Do NOT use the computer at the gym to check in or log your scores. Use your phone and the free Zen Planner App. Coaches will make sure everyone has checked in and will wipe down the keyboard before/after use.
- Hold the high fives and fist bumps. (I know. It's going to be hard).
- DO NOT SHARE CHALK. We will be taking away the chalk (I know, also hard). We have a LIMITED supply of chalk on hand (and more ordered). Gym members can purchase blocks of chalk online, or from us (while supplies last) for $3 a block. Bring your own chalk to the gym in a labeled tupperware container.
- Again, wipe down all equipment you touch before & after use.
We have escalated our daily cleaning & disinfecting. There are now also additional spray bottles of disinfectant in both gyms. Please use these to wipe down equipment or anything else you feel may need extra disinfecting.In addition to our regular programming, we will be posting (in Zen Planner) two at-home workouts which you can use to supplement your workouts, or do on a day when you can’t make it to the gym. They will show up in ZP each week under Tues/Thurs and be labeled “At Home WOD”. We ask you to post your scores, selfies, videos, in the Facebook group if you do the at home workouts. Stay connected!!!
If you are sick (COVID-19 or otherwise) STAY AT HOME. If you are exhibiting any symptoms. STAY AT HOME.
It's important to understand that now is not the time to give up on your health & fitness. This is one thing that you are in complete control of and will in fact keep you in the lower risk category for contracting the virus.
Focusing and honing in on your daily choices and habits around nutrition, exercise, sleep, recovery & mindset will not only drive you toward better health, it turns out that being healthy and fit is the best way to boost your immune system and counter stress. Focusing on the above will help eliminate the anxiety of what is happening in the world right now.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
-Jeff & Laura