New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced today (Monday, March 16th) that New York, New Jersey and Connecticut have agreed to close all movie theaters, gyms, bars, restaurants, and casinos in the states starting at 8 pm (effective March 16th until further notice). Please read this entire message to understand what FCCF will be doing during this shut down.
We know this is an unsettling time for our members and for us as a business, along with so many other small businesses. We are doing our best under these unique circumstances. We strongly believe that as a nation, we do need to flatten the curve, to be able to serve the extreme cases hitting our healthcare facilities.
Our primary goal from the beginning of this crisis - and in fact from the first day FCCF opened its doors in 2010 - has been to do whatever we can to further the health and wellness of this amazing community. That goal remains paramount. Throughout this crisis, we will do whatever we can to safeguard and improve your health and wellness. We will continue to provide programming, virtual coaching, and community throughout this.
For those not being paid because of COVID-19 shutdowns, we understand you will not be able to pay us and we can add a hold to your membership. If you are still getting paid by your employer, we ask you to please consider continuing to support us and other small businesses. We will continue to provide the highest level of fitness we can to you under these circumstances (detailed below). If you have a punchcard, please sign-in for your continued support of us as well when you do the workouts at home. Below is our plan for what we imagine to be at least the rest of the month of March.
Starting, Tuesday, 3/17, the following will be in place for our CrossFit members. We will provide:
- Loan of some of our equipment tomorrow (more specifics below).
- Home workouts daily in Zen Planner (and versions that suit no equipment, some equipment, more equipment, etc).
- 3 CrossFit Endurance workouts (listed on Monday/Wednesday/Friday in Zen Planner) that will be focused more on cardio.
- Demo videos as needed from our coaches.
- Daily WOD explanations and breakdowns either on FB, Zoom, or another platform (TBD).
- A continued supportive community online to help you stay consistent with your health and wellness goals.
- Social media posts/workouts for the broader Rochester community.
- Remote coaching from Jeff/Laura to anyone that wants to text/email/post videos to us.
EQUIPMENT CHECK-OUT RULES & TIMES:
We are offering a piece of equipment for you to borrow for all CrossFit members who maintain their monthly membership. On Tuesday afternoon, we will have times where you can reserve a time to come to the gym. For those that have access to condo/apartment or home gym, please use that equipment available to you. We need to keep the equipment available to those that don’t have access to any. Equipment will be loaned out on a first-come, first-served basis.
EQUIPMENT that is included in your continued monthly membership (not available for memberships on hold or punch cards):
- 1 DB or 1 KB or 1 Medball or 1 Slam Ball (we will make WODs that are modified to each piece of equipment) daily. For those taking their personal barbells home, You may also choose up to 4 bumper plates instead, if you have a barbell but no plates at home.
- You must each pick up your own piece of equipment and sign a form for check-out. You are responsible for the upkeep and safe return of our equipment once we are back open.
- Make sure to take any personal items home, including your jumps or barbells. We have a few jump ropes for sale tomorrow as well.
One of our members, Steve Matthews, also has a private studio that he is able to rent out (and doesn’t fall under the NY rules). If anyone wants to consider this option, it is $25/hour and includes a treadmill, rowing machine, ski erg, DBs up to 35 lbs, barbell and squat rack, a pull-up bar and crossover symmetry. His space is roughly 1200 square feet and would be disinfected completely between clients. You would need to go through him independently to utilize this space. Email: Steve@rochesterwellbeing.com if you want to take advantage of this option during any of the time off from the gym.
Stay active and healthy, use the time to connect with your family, find time to enjoy life and most of all do your part to end this virus. We are honored to be your gym and thank you for your continued support of our locally owned business.
Jeff & Laura